Are you interested in joining this active group for fun and fitness?
Chemo Savvy welcomes all breast cancer survivors. You don't have to be an Olympic athlete.
New members are accepted annually in February, when recruits are invited to join our dryland training. The deadline for membership is the last day of February.
What you need to do
- Be a breast cancer survivor.
- Have completed all treatment, preferably at least three months prior to the beginning of the dryland fitness training in February. Members should undergo at least 3 months of gradual fitness training prior to beginning any paddling program.
- Speak to your doctor about whether this is a safe activity for you at this time.
- Commit to participating in the Chemo Savvy Dryland fitness and paddling program.
- Commit to attending at least one practice per week from February to the end of paddling season in September.
Chemo Savvy is a registered charity run by breast cancer survivors for breast cancer survivors–we understand what you’re going through. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are interested in learning more about joining our team, please complete the ‘Become a Member' form and you will be sent an introductory email with information regarding our February new member intake month. You will be invited to attend our weekly indoor fitness events as a guest recruit, prior to making a full commitment to joining the team. This will give you an opportunity to walk and exercise with us, gather more detailed information about our dragon boat season, paddling program, equipment, membership costs and our community service activities. We look forward to hearing from you!